Monday, April 4, 2011

Peanut Butter Bars

I had a big craving for something sweet with peanut butter and chocolate so I went to the web site allrecipies and started searching- One of the first things to pop up was this awesome recipe! It looked so good the reviews all said amazing thing and so I whipped some up - so delish- so fast- Here is the actually recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Bars-I/Detail.aspx I change things up a tiny bit. Also it says you get servings for 12- I don't know who those 12 people are but they are probably sick right now- this is WAY more than 12.

INGREDIENTS:
bottom layer:
-1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
-2 c. graham cracker crumbs
-2 cups powdered sugar
-1 cup peanut butter, softened

top layer:
-1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
-4 tablespoons peanut butter, softened

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Mix butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter 
  2. Press  into an ungreased 9x13pan
  3. Chill for 15-20 min
  4. Melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring until smooth
  5. Spread over the prepared crust
  6. Refrigerate until solid
  7. Cut into squares.

No comments: